Welcome to my website. There comes a time in life when all past experience merges: personal and professional paths cross, stories are connected and every hard-learned lesson has meaning and application. (Some people call this "mid-life.") Be it mid-life, it's a wonderful place and I'm happy to tread this stage of the journey. My experiences serve as a foundation for my vocation as speaker, educator, photographer, and author. I have finally housed these professions under one web roof. Welcome!
Everyone has a story. It's in the intersections of our stories where the spice of life is found. I am a dot-connector; joining people and their passions in near and far corners of the world. Some connections happen through my photography, others happen through experiential learning activities, and all happen through the process of investing time into relationships.
- A native of North Carolina
- Worked with Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) for 11 years
- Lived in Uganda (3 years) and South Africa (3 years)
- Served as International Training Director for HFHI
- Coordinated training programs in Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia
- Extensive experience and certification in training for intercultural transitions
- BA in Environmental/Visual Design from North Carolina State University (1987)
- 25 years of photography, specializing professionally in portraiture since 2000
- Lives in Asheville, NC with her husband, two sons and dog